Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

I was just trying to give life to my POP Sailing Again - Nami (Crimin ver) photo by doing some editing in photoshop. After a total of about 6 hours of trial and error, it turns out like this.

I'm not going to tell you in full details on how I did this. I will just tell you how I ended up with that final photo.

Below is one of my shot of my POP Sailing Again - Nami (Crimin ver)

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

I find the blue background too studio-ish and dull for a bikini swimsuit model. It's frustrating that I can't do a photoshoot on an actual beach. I'm just too shy taking photos of this semi-naked figure outdoors. So all I can do is to spice it up a little on photoshop.

Of course I need to cut away the background and put Nami over a sandy beach photo. See the photo below.

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

The background is an image that comes as wallpaper on Windows Carribean Shores theme. Thanks to Microsoft for that. I just blurred the upper portion with a graduated transition from top to bottom adding some sense of depth to the image.

After overlaying Nami, I changed the color balance and brightness a little to match the environment. I had to blur the edges to make her blend to the background. Not perfect, and I'm not sure if I did it right, but it turns out acceptable to my liking. 

I looked nice but I still find it boring. This is when I decided to make it look like a postcard.

A postcard needs to have some writings and a postage stamp right? So I needed to make a suitable stamp for it. I used the color spread photo where Nami is seen wearing this Crimin bikini and turn it into a postage stamp. See resulting image below.

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

After sticking the postage stamp onto my postcard, adding the greetings, a first class stamp, Nami's sign (just assuming that it's her own penmanship) and my own sign, it turns out like this.

1000 Words: Greetings from Fishman Island

To add a sense of realism, I added some white borders and placed the postcard over a beach sand. Skew it a little just like a real photo would do. Added some shadows and a few sands on top of the photo. And voila! Below is my final image.

Hope you like it! Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment