Wednesday, June 25, 2014

She's So Beautiful, But Somehow She Doesn't Look Like Violet


It's just a couple of weeks ago since we got a news that a Figuarts ZERO - Violet is expected to be released. Now we are looking at the official promo photos and before I say anything else, I'll just tell you first that she looks so gorgeously beautiful.

The figure is beautiful, but something's not right. Let me check every aspect of the figure one by one. Body curves and proportion - check. Coloring - check. Her dancing pose - check. The details of her swaying dress - check. Face shape - check. Facial expression - check. Overall sculpt - check. Everything looks lovely, but somehow, she doesn't look like Violet. I have been inspecting all these photos and comparing to the anime and manga illustrations. And guess what difference I found? It's the pouty lips, that's what's missing.

Well I guess, it's really hard to translate her pouty lips feature into a 3D sculpt. It's just a shame that it's her most distinctive feature, otherwise she closely resembles Nico Robin. That's the only nitpick that I have, but other than that, *sigh* I'm in-love with her. As you can see in these photos, they didn't include the rose on her mouth when she was dancing, though we may be surprised to see an alternate head with that upon release.

Why do I have a feeling that this would look so much better than the POP version? The one that we saw during the Megahobby EXPO 2014 Spring. Anyway, that one is still in the uncolored prototype stage so we can't actually tell yet. I usually say that it's unfair to compare POP and Figuarts ZERO, but I can't help it. One thing is for sure, this Figuarts ZERO is going to be sold-out. Oh, how I wish that she's a 1/8th scale.

And before I forget, preorders for Figuarts ZERO - Violet will start next Tuesday, 1st of July 2014 at 16:00 (JST) and is expected to be released on October 2014 for 3,780 yen. That's a really a great price deal for what a beautiful lady you are getting. I just hope the final production release will be as lovely as we are seeing in these photos. And did I say that she's on my want-to-get list?

Below are the official promo photos by Tamashii Web.







No comments:

Post a Comment