Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bandai Introduces A 1/8th Scale Figuarts ZERO


Nope, I'm not a fan of Sailor Moon and I'm not into collecting Sailor Moon figures. But as a huge One Piece Figuarts ZERO follower, I find this latest Figuarts ZERO announcement from Bandai interesting. So what's interesting with this Sailor Moon Figuarts ZERO you ask? Well, it's just going to be the first 1/8th Scale Figuarts ZERO.

Not that I'm interested in getting these Sailor Moon figures. I'm just surprised that they went to a standard 1/8th scale (about 220 mm height) instead of the regular Figuarts ZERO 1/10th-ish scale. This maybe some kind of Bandai's marketing strategy. They could just be testing the waters for possible production of more 1/8th scale Figuarts ZEROs. Now think about it, if this one becomes successful, they might start producing 1/8th scale One Piece Figuarts ZEROs. That will be a direct competition against MegaHouse's Portrait of Pirates.

Notice that the One Piece Figuarts ZERO is inclining towards their successful Battle ver. line. They might move their non-Battle ver. figures to 1/8th scale. I'm not predicting, this is completely just my worries. I don't like this idea since the things that I loved about Figuarts ZEROs are the size, price and range of characters. I'm a collector of both One Piece Figuarts ZERO and POP. I don't think I'll be needing a 1/8th version of the same character from both manufacturer if they're all going to be 1/8th scale. I prefer the current Figuarts ZERO size as it is. I hope this 1/8th scale will only be for their Sailor Moon line.

Anyway, if you happen to be a fan of Sailor Moon and planning to get this. Figuarts ZERO - 1/8th Sailor Moon, it will be released on March 2014 for 8,800 yen. Yah, the price isn't Figuarts ZERO-ish :)

Photos below are by Tamashii Web

Figuarts ZERO - 1/8th Sailor Moon

Figuarts ZERO - 1/8th Sailor Moon

Figuarts ZERO - 1/8th Sailor Moon
Size comparison between Figuarts ZERO (left) and S. H. Figuarts (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment