Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Who Says Mondays are Boring? (Look What I Got 2014-06-16)

Who Says Mondays are Boring? (Look What I Got 2014-06-16)

Who Says Mondays are Boring? It has been a week already but I can never forget what a great Monday I had last week. What happened? Well, I just happened to have a bunch of good stuff in front of me. A figure from Hobby-Frontier and some items from HLJ. Let's check em out.


Kotobukiya: Rage of Bahamut - Dark Angel Olivia


I was able to collect my preordered Kotobukiya's Dark Angel Olivia from Hobby-Frontier. I have been waiting for this once since it was released late-March 2014. I don't know why it took them so long to have it in stock.

Kotobukiya: Rage of Bahamut - Dark Angel Olivia

Anyway, I have in my hands already one of the most beautiful, crazily detailed and well crafted figure from Kotobukiya. Dark Angel Olivia is a character from the famous mobile card game Rage of Bahamut which I don't really play.

Kotobukiya: Rage of Bahamut - Dark Angel OliviaKotobukiya: Rage of Bahamut - Dark Angel Olivia

Then why did I get it you asked? I don't know, but something about it makes me fall in love with it. I always say that I'm the kind of collector who really doesn't look on the source material to admire a work of art. For this case, it's perhaps the unusual details of the figure and her lovely face. 

Kotobukiya: Rage of Bahamut - Dark Angel Olivia

I have a lot lot of 1/8th scale figures in my collection already, but this one really is an eye-catcher comparing to the rest. I probably review this figure sometime later so that you would understand what I'm saying. I'm really happy to have her in my collection.


Below are the stuff that I got from Hobbylink Japan. These are the items that I have already paid for since April 2014 but was held for me at my HLJ Private Warehouse. It was only last week time that I decided to ask for shipping all of my purchased items together. And these are the contents of the huge box. A couple of Titan attackers, the leader of the Autobots, a God Eater, and a ninja.

Look What I Got 2014-06-16


figma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackerman


I have been planning to collect figmas of Attack in Titans character. And here I have my first two figmas in my collection, the two main character of the series - Eren and Mikasa. 

figma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackerman

Both came with a number of option parts that looks exciting to play with. It's still not a toy, but I think I'm gonna have some fun posing it.

figma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackermanfigma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackerman

They have the same box art just different colors.

figma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackerman

Two more regular Attack on Titans figmas are on the way, Levi and Armin Arlert which will be released within the next two months. There's also another Wonder Festival 2014 Summer limited edition Levi, the one where he's in his cleaning outfit. No plans on getting that one.

figma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackermanfigma Attack on Titans - Eren Yeager & Mikasa Ackerman


Takara Tomy: DMK 01 - Optimus Prime


And here's the famous Optimus Prime in a model kit form. It was based his likeness on the Dark of the Moon movie. This was re-released last September 2013, but I was short of budget at that time so I passed. Luckily, it didn't get sold out at HLJ and they decided to put it on sale by end of April. It was my chance to get a hold of it and here it is, the smell of success in the form plastic.

Takara Tomy: DMK 01 - Optimus Prime

Unlike most model kits, the internals frame is pre-assembled, thus we have a box design like this. It has a window showing the pre-assembled internal. While it looks cool in the packaging, for those like me who are used to building Master Grade Gunpla, this is less fun since we'd like to build each part ourselves.

Takara Tomy: DMK 01 - Optimus PrimeTakara Tomy: DMK 01 - Optimus Prime

The good thing is that I can plan ahead on how to paint the internals. Looking forward to that. But I wonder when can I really start building this. I hope they will also re-release DMK 02 Bumblebee soon.

Takara Tomy: DMK 01 - Optimus Prime


Alphamax: God Eater Burst: Alisa Ilinichina Amiella


Here's another lovely gal from a game that I didn't play. Alisa is from the PSP game Gods Eater Burst or simply God Eater in Japan. While I know nothing about the game, I fell in love with this Alphamax sculpt. 

Alphamax: Gods Eater Burst: Alisa Ilinichina AmiellaAlphamax: Gods Eater Burst: Alisa Ilinichina Amiella

She looks very gorgeous and looks so cool with the display base and her huge... weapon. Yes, I really meant the weapon and not her err.... yeah, that looks lovely too. :)

Alphamax: Gods Eater Burst: Alisa Ilinichina Amiella

There's also an upcoming version of her in swimsuit, I'm also planning to get it. Alphamax really shines when it comes to female figure sculpts. I would probably get more Alphamax female figures.


G.E.M. Series - Uchiha Sasuke


Finally, a perfect Sasuke figure. As a long time Naruto fan, I'm always on the lookout for the best Naruto character figures. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of manufacturers making them. And if they do, they make Kakashi. Initially, that's the case for MegaHouse, until they decided to make a 1/8th scale Naruto and Sasuke which really satisfies my fanboy cravings.

G.E.M. Series - Uchiha SasukeG.E.M. Series - Uchiha Sasuke

It's just too bad that they didn't put much efforts in designing the box. It so lame and is really a work of a kindergarten. They probably put most of their budget on the sculpt and less on the box design. I'm not complaining actually since I can easily throw away the box without hesitation, unlike those POP boxes which are nice to look at. 

G.E.M. Series - Uchiha Sasuke

I usually think a lot of times before I throw away figures boxes, but for Sasuke's box, it ended up in our chute bin as soon as I took out Sasuke.


Airtex Double Action Airbrush Beauti4+ (0.3mm)


That's all for the collectibles from HLJ but aside from those, I also used this chance to get a new Airbrush which went on sale a month ago. An Airtex Beauty4+ double action airbrush with 0.3 needle and 7cc paint cup. I've been using a Badger 150 for some time now which I find spewing paint splatters randomly even when cleaned-up properly. It was an old airbrush from my brother so I think it's about time that I get an new one of my own. Hope I can find some time to test it soon.

Airtex Double Action Airbrush Beauti4+ (0.3mm)


That's all that I can share for now. Thanks for reading. More about these items when I find sometime to review em. Until next time... see yah!

Look What I Got 2014-06-16

No comments:

Post a Comment