Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Release Photo Review: Figuarts ZERO - Killer

New Release Photo Review: Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Just released last Saturday, 16th of February 2013. Bandai's Figuarts ZERO Killer just hit the store shelves to add to your Figuarts ZERO One Piece Supernovas collection. This will be the fifth Supernova if you will count the earlier released Luffy and Zoro (the other two are Trafalgar Law and Eustass Kidd). Here are some early shots of the retail release for you to see what you will get if you have preordered or just planning to purchase one.

You may hate me when I say I never liked this release. Eiichiro Oda may not have thought too much about the name given to this character, but I believe he has a reason why he named him Killer. And this figure is not really a "killer". It's a "caller", or a "model". Look how lame is that pose. It's like he's modelling for some clothes, or calling someone from his custom blade-phone. C'mon Bandai, Killer is supposed to show some scary bad-ass pose. 

You can refer to the POP version of Killer. That's what I'm talking about. I always say that it's unfair to compare Figuarts ZERO and POP because of the huge quality and price difference but I'm just comparing the pose of this character here. MegaHouse has given justice to this character by posing him such a battle-ready stance. Bandai does not have copy that actually, but there are lot of ways to show his killing agility that can slice and dice whoever crosses his blades.

But pose aside, the final retail release isn't too bad at all. Yes, there are some paint issues, but it's minimal and isn't really too obvious. Well you cannot really mess up too much with a mask like that. Paint application and PVC mold is good enough based on a Figuarts ZERO standard. If not for that annoying pose, it's not a terrible retail figure release actually.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. Remember that Figuarts ZERO - Eustass Kidd that was released before? Figuarts ZERO - Killer is actually a lot taller than Figuarts ZERO - Kidd. The best way to display Killer is side by side with his captain Kidd right? Don't you think it's annoying that they doesn't look like they're on the same scale? Yeah, I know, Figuarts ZEROs are actually non-scaled figures, but at least make them uniform, Bandai!

I know some of you are looking forward to collecting these Figuarts ZERO Supernovas (see the Eleven Supernovas line-up here) and they aren't complete without Killer. So I believe whatever I said here doesn't really matter, you already made up your  decision whether you are going to get this one or not. I'm just saying my opinions here. And as for me I'm totally happy with the POP version. As I have mentioned, it actually cannot be compared to this Figure because of the huge price difference. But with those details and battle stance, you are actually getting what you have paid for. Though I may have considered this on my collection if it isn't for that really girl-ish pose.

Released with a price tag of 2,940 yen. It is now available on most Hobby Shops

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Figuarts ZERO - Killer

Image Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment