Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Release Photo Review: Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

New Release Photo Review: Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

The main villain of One Piece Film Z, Figuarts ZERO - Z (pronounced as Zetto) was released last 26th of January 2013. I can't call this early shots anymore since it has already been three weeks since it's release, and most of you who preordered might have received the figure already. But there are probably some who hasn't really decided to get this one already, like me. So this is a great chance for us to inspect these clear shots from the retail release courtesy of blog.livedoor.jp.

Well actually, I have managed to see it with my own eyes on a local hobby shop. At first I didn't really planned to get this, nor any of the Figuarts ZERO Film Z character designs because I'm actually planning to get all of them in POPs. But for some reason, I wasn't able to resist getting Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Kessen Costume ver.)Ain and Tony Tony Chopper (Film Z Opening Costume ver.). Probably because of my addiction kicking in.

I have all those three non-limited Film Z character designs except for Zetto. I'm still trying to resist getting him. First because he's an expensive huge Figuarts ZERO. He stands about 200 mm by the way. And second, there would probably be a POP version release and I don't need more than one Zetto's in my display shelf. But when I personally see this guy, I told myself that I maybe wrong for not getting this one and I will regret it someday. And now, seeing these photos, I really am convinced that he will definitely be on my Figuarts ZERO collection.

So much for my story. Looking at these photos, I say Bandai did great. There maybe some imperfections on the retail release but none can actually be a total annoyance. I love those metallic touches in the mechanical arms which is huge. I really don't see anything wrong with it. The face sculpt and coloring is really done well. I was afraid that they might mess up with a face like this, it had a lot of details specially with a grin like this exposing the teeth, but its really a stand out. There are some noticeable white paints in the sunglasses, I don't know if it's supposed to be there, but it's nothing that cannot be fixed by some black markers or paints.

Torso sculpt, paint shadings were done really well and satisfactorily. See that veins on his right arms, very nice. I love that metallic gold screwhead (no pun intended) on the right shoulder. The only thing that bothers me are the ends of the rope that connects to his right shoulder armor, it looks like there's some excess glue in it, and those gray things does not really look like those on the promo images. But, as I have mentioned, it isn't perfect and this minor issue is nothing of a dealbreaker.

The base is a translucent red plastic, same as the one that comes with the other Film Z Figuarts ZEROs but Zetto's is totally huge. The pose isn't really a topnotch as he's just plainly standing. He could be in a dynamic attacking position. But I haven't really seen any Zetto figures in any other pose aside from standing, including the Banpresto Grandline Men. The feet is too small in proportion to his body, it seems that he's having a lot of trouble standing on those feet. Well, it's actually more of the character's design than Bandai's fault. It may also be the reason why they can't do any other pose for this character. Let's see how MegaHouse will do it in POP. I hope they will release a Zetto.

I think I have said enough. I'll probably get this figure sometime. Just need to breathe a little as I already purchased too much for this month. This is a must for any Figuarts ZERO collectors as this kind of quality does not come very often, so you should get it too. Retails for 4,515 yen, he's still available on most hobby shops.

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

Figuarts ZERO - Z (Zetto)

No comments:

Post a Comment