Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Can't Get Enough of POP Strawhats (Look What I Got 2014-03-18)

Can't Get Enough of POP Strawhats (Look What I Got 2014-03-18)

Continuing my series of "Look What I Got" updates, here I got two Straw Hat crew POPs - the POP LIMITED - Nami (Mugiwara Ver.) and POP Edition-Z - Roronoa Zoro. I preordered both from Hobby-Frontier and I was able to get my hands on 'em about a month ago. Nami was a late-February release, same as POP Edition-Z - Monkey D. Luffy, while Zoro was released early-March.


POP LIMITED - Nami (Mugiwara Ver.)


Well what can I say. I love a nicely sculpted female figure, and I love Nami, so there's no question why I ordered this . Before I got this, I saw some photos of the final retail product from the internet, and there's one particular shot that bugged me cause it looks a lot different that the prototype. I was actually worried about it but it turns out that it's just some crappy shot. And what a relief when I got mine. It is definitely what I paid for.

The box is just a standard POP box measuring 160 mm x 160 mm x 280 mm and weighs about 430 grams. Notice that the title "LIMITED EDITION" is misspelled a "LIMIED EDITION". I wonder if the QC noticed that and they just let it be. It's a slight disappointment for those who wanted to display it in a box cause that misspelling is annoying. Good thing it's not the case for me. She would eventually be displayed out of the box.

POP LIMITED - Nami (Mugiwara Ver.)POP LIMITED - Nami (Mugiwara Ver.)

POP LIMITED - Nami (Mugiwara Ver.)


POP Edition-Z - Roronoa Zoro


And here is my fifth Edition-Z POP. I planned to get all Edition-Z releases, but even if I don't, I'll probably still be getting this. The box is huge, that's mostly because of that cool pose. It measures 275 mm x 350 mm x 300 mm and weighs about 1.450 Kg. It's kind of heavy for a Zoro POP. I'm glad I ordered it locally so I didn't have to pay for a wallet sucking shipping cost.

The box has the similar theme design as with other Edition-Z boxes - red with "Z" shaped window. If you're into collecting and displaying figures in boxes, it's nice to see all these Edition-Z together. Too bad, no matter how nice the box is, I'll probably be throwing them all away eventually, cause in the end, they will freed from their box prison and will find their way into my display shelf.

POP Edition-Z - Roronoa ZoroPOP Edition-Z - Roronoa Zoro

POP Edition-Z - Roronoa Zoro

That's all for now for these two. Click this link for my next "Look What I Got" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment