Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Metal Inside, Metal Outside (Look What I Got 2014-03-24)

Metal Inside, Metal Outside (Look What I Got 2014-03-24)

Again, as a continuation of my "Look What I Got" updates, here's next.

My March didn't end with just the strawhats but with a couple of 12 inchers. I got two Hot Toys from two different movie franchises, both Marvel characters though. One with metal armor inside the body and one with metal armor outside the body. These two are The Wolverine based on the movie of the same title and War Machine Mark II based on the movie Iron Man 3, though it doesn't really appeared in it. I got them both from a local hobby shop. Kinda painful in the wallet for having to pay two Hot Toys on the same day, but with a sigh of relief and excitement upon checking out the contents of these boxes.

Hot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMS

I decided to get this one as soon as I saw those nice looking promo photos by Hot Toys. That headsculpt is really great. I haven't seen the movie at that time yet cause I didn't even plan to watch it on the big screen. I have read some negative comments about it so I passed on it and just waited for the Blu-ray. Those negative comments didn't stop me from preordering this Hot Toys figure though. But when I saw the movie on Blu-ray, it's not as bad as a lot say. It's even a lot better than the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie. So I'm glad I preordered this one and became more excited getting my hands on it.

It was initially announced for Q2-Q3 of 2014 release but it was pushed forward and was released last February 2014. Hot Toys are really unpredictable in their releases. The box is just like a standard shoebox design measuring 365 mm x 230 mm x 119 mm and weighs 1.245 kg. Checkout the photos below.

Hot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMSHot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMS

Hot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMS

Hot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMSHot Toys The Wolverine - 1/6th Scale The Wolverine MMS


Hot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS Diecast

Some of you might be asking, why get this one when it doesn't appear on the movie. Well, I'm not really the kind of collector who appreciates a figure only if it appears on a movie or a TV show. Even if I didn't know anything about the movie/TV show where a nice piece of collectible is based upon, as long as it catches my eyes, that's where my interest on it starts. And that's how this collectible ends up in my hands.

Even before the official trailer of Iron Man 3 was released, we all knew that the repainted War Machine a.k.a. Iron Patriot will be in it. But no sign of the original War Machine appearing on the movie. Then there's a ton of figures and collectibles everywhere showing War Machine Mark II which is actually the same design as the Iron Patriot, only in the original War Machine colors. I find it more appealing than the Iron Patriot color scheme itself.

Hot Toys announced the Iron Patriot which I actually preordered, but I was also hoping that they would release it in the original War Machine colors as well. And I was really glad that they did. Then I learned that there is a prequel comic to Iron Man 3 which features the story of Rhodey in War Machine Mark II before and during the events in The Avengers and before the Iron Man 3. I was actually hoping to see War Machine in the earlier parts of Iron Man 3 before it became Iron patriot but to my dismay. But that doesn't made me think differently of the getting this Hot Toys collectible.

This is the first MMS Diecast they have released. When I got it, it's enclosed in a brown outer box that is used for shipping to protect the actual box. That's because the actual box itself is has an unusually nice design. The box measures 143 mm x 241 mm x 407 mm which is relatively bigger than your average Hot Toys box and it weighs 2.38 Kg. That's really heavy for a 12 inch figure. Inside the box, the figure and all the contents are protected with polystyrene material instead of the usual clamshell plastic.

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS DiecastHot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS Diecast

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS DiecastHot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS Diecast

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 - 1/6th Scale War Machine Mark II MMS Diecast

That's all for these two guys, I'll probably be reviewing these two soon. For now, check out my next "Look What I Got" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment