Monday, May 12, 2014

Bandai Figuarts ZERO's Take on the Curvaceous Gladiator


Last Saturday, the Tamashii Nations Summer Collection 2014 event was held at Bandai's Akiba Showroom. There's lots of new and upcoming Bandai figures. One of the freshest figure that debut there is the Figuarts ZERO - Rebecca from One Piece. Remember that we just broke the news about this release earlier this month? I thought we'll have to wait till June to see her, but here she is.

What can I say? Well, I say just about a standard Figuarts ZERO issue. Nothing more, nothing less. In terms of the body proportion, it looks nice to me. The pose is fine, since it isn't meant to be a battle ver. I like the shininess of the helmet. What I think fell short are the details on her scaled bikini armor. There isn't much detail on the figure's costume so they should have given it more attention. It looks to me like those were gold nuggets sticking on her bikini.

I also noticed too much shadowing on some parts of her body, specially under her boobs. Underneath the helmet, we can actually get a glimpse of how her unhelmeted face looks like. I find it a little less than attractive as well, though it isn't really fair to judge it without seeing it entirely. I'm guessing there will be a helmeted and unhelmeted head, so hopefully, the unhelmeted one has a better look.

Figuarts ZERO - Rebecca is slated to be released on September 2014 for 3,780 yen. No preorder date announced and no official promo shots yet. We probably be able to see a better look when the official promo shots becomes available, for now you may check out these photos.

Figuarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - RebeccaFiguarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - RebeccaFiguarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - RebeccaFiguarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - RebeccaFiguarts ZERO - Rebecca

Figuarts ZERO - Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment