Friday, May 16, 2014

Ready to Face Doflamingo and Fujitora


The third POP version of Trafalgar Law has already been out for preorder since last Wednesday (check out the preorder announcement here), along with POP CB-EX - Momonosuke. While Momonosuke is set as an August 2014 release, POP Sailing Again - Trafalgar Law Ver 2 is slated to be released on September 2014 for 8,800 yen (tax inclusive). 

As usual, we get to see a full look on this figure with these promo shots provided by MegaHouse themselves via their official website Megahobby Station. We didn't get to admire the fully finished prototype until the release of these photos since we only saw an unpainted prototypes during the past events. As expected from MegaHouse, the figure look astounding. It has all the qualities that made us love the 1st POP Sailing Again - Trafalgar Law, only in different outfit which looks really cool. While the 1st one is fully wrapped in coat, this one shows his upper torso including the tatoos. It feels like we're looking on the other side of the coin.

At first I'm only half interested on this figure. I thought it was just a silly disguise for Dressrosa Arc. Upon seeing the unpainted prototype, I said to myself  "Nah, maybe I'll pass". I was thinking that it's just another Trafalgar Law release. But when I saw these photos of the fully completed prototype, turns out that I was totally wrong. It's another perfected POP that I shouldn't let just pass by.

We already knew that he will come with an alternate head or face for that sunglasses, mustache and hooded disguised look, but based on these photos, we can see that the sword can be unsheathed and it will come with an alternate right hand to wield the blade in the same fashion as the 1st POP Sailing Again - Trafalgar Law. The hood bit seems to be removable so you can either display him with or without the hood.

There's a lot of great releases for the month of September and I probably won't be able to get them all. I'll have to prioritize, and this is one of the top of the list. I hope there will be more Dressrosa POPs to go along with it. We'll probably see that in about two weeks. Be ready for MegaHobby EXPO Spring 2014 POP prototypes.

Below are the official promo shots by Megahobby Station.

















No comments:

Post a Comment