Friday, October 12, 2012

Official Photos: ArtFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

Official Photos: ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

Not yet Bat fans! Today's revelation of Kotobukiya's "The New 52" Justice League line up is Aquaman, as a follow up to Superman, Green Lantern and The Flash. This was given as a teaser last Tuesday on Kotobukiya's official facebook page, showing his obvious trident. So we already knew, that he will be coming next.

Aquaman is surprisingly nice and doesn't look like Superman with a mask (yes, that's what's my opinion with Green Lantern and The Flash). As an apparent feature of the figures on this line-up, Aquaman is as shiny as the others. That made me think how would Batman look like in shiny armor costume, cause I can't recall seeing any shiny Batman figure before. My only problem about Aquaman are his legs, it looks awkward on some angles. But anyway, I will be getting this one as I am planning to have the complete line-up on my collection.

An April release in the US, but probably a March release in Japan.

For Batman fans, yes I know, it's sad to see them all first before Batman. But I'm thinking Kotobukiya is making a release strategy here. I believe Batman can make of break the series. If Batman will be unveiled earlier, and lot of fans won't like the outcome of the figure, they would end up not getting the whole series and it would lose the excitement. So I'm guessing they are saving Batman for last. Cyborg and Wonder Woman will probably be revealed earlier.

But the good thing is, they will have a lot of time perfecting the sculpt and paint application. And who knows, I maybe wrong. I myself will be happy and surprised if Batman turns out to be next.

Below are the official images of Aquaman (The New 52 Edition).

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

ARTFX+ Aquaman (The New 52 Edition)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/kotobukiya

No comments:

Post a Comment